Tuesday, October 15, 2013
I was really devastated when a magnitude 7.2 earthquake hit Cebu this morning of October 15, 2013. I am so glad that I'm on leave and it's holiday today so no classes it is somewhat a blessing in disguise since both me and my daughter stayed at home. But, it's quiet alarming when you are awaken that everything is shaking, things is falling down and you can't barely stand up.

I HAD NEVER BEEN THAT FRIGHTENED EVER! I don't know what to feel, to think, to do! I thought it's the end of the world. I tried to hold and carry my daughter so tight and went downstairs barefoot thinking that the house might collapse since it's a 2 storey house. Everyone outside is going hysterical, a lot were crying, shouting. I don't know what to do, I was trying to remember those drills I had way back in college but its really different when you're in the middle of the situation. I CAN LITERALLY FEEL EVERYTHING SHAKING!! Until this very moment we are still experiencing aftershocks. It's still shaking.

A lot of infrastructures here in Cebu had massive damages. Including Basilica Del Sto. Nino partly collapsed. Some destruction's also happened to Cebu Doctor's University, Gaisano Country Mall (banilad), Ayala Center, Newly constructed market in Mandaue City. Let us pray for the safety of everyone. Until this time we are still experiencing aftershocks.

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts